Sunday, February 5, 2012

Creative Grids

Using the 120 degree ruler from Creative Grids I made this table center piece. It took me about 8 hours to complete. Below you can see a close up of the triangle shapes, I have free motion quilted the outer triangle shapes and am still deciding on weather to change thread colour for the inner triangles.
I used the smaller curved quilting pins to hold this and found them to be better than the larger one. They seem to hold everything together tighter.
Here is the ruler, I like the clear markings and non slip grips on the bottom. This ruler also creates other designs and can be used for larger quilts. Below you can see how using different colours can give a three dimensional effect.

2 comments:

  1. This is just lovely- Ive never tried something this shape...hurry up Saturday, I want to sew!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Heckety. This was quick and easy, using the ruler was great so I hope to be trying out some more rulers. Hope you are better soon.

    ReplyDelete