Sunday, January 30, 2011

Quilting on the Horizon

This year I would like to improve my free motion quilting skills. Practice is probaly the best way to achieve this goal, so here is the first piece I want to share with you. I will also pass on tips I have picked up from other quilters who are happy to share.
This piece was only for testing technics from the The Painted Quilt book by Linda and Laura Kemshall. The cherries where stenciled using freezer paper and bleach and then couloured with paint sticks. I also tried out different methods of applying letters. As you can see I forgot about the word and added two ee 's instead of two R's. I used a varigated thread and  two different quilting designs. Please click the link below to watch Leah Day on You Tube. Giving advise on free motion quilting tools. I have bought these from her and find them very useful. You can also check out her web site for lots of advise and free motion quilting designs.  http:// www.daystyledesigns.com


1 comment: